Thursday, September 14, 2017

1987 MV's Letter -Sept.27

9-27-87
Dear Mom, Dad and Grandma,

It was good to have you here and be treated to a Good meal Friday night.  I hope the trip to Atlanta went well.

John and I went into Lexington to Fayette Mall to walk around.  It was nice – a lot like Tri-County – a Lazarus, Sears and another anchor store I believe.  We had a late lunch in Nichlosville on the way back.  He left about 5pm, right before dinner.

This morning we went to Southland Christian Church.  It was okay, but just too big – about 1200 for the first service – we came out at 11:00 and there were people all over waiting to get in the second service.  I think I'll probably go to Wilmore UMC, which runs about 800 or 900.  I don't plan to get involved at all.  I'm ready for a break.  Diane is going to be the accompanist for their youth choir.

I started the take home test that's due Tuesday and it really wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.  Tomorrow I've got to practice for private lessons and I'm supposed to play racquetball with 2 different people (Diane then Donna) at 10AM then 3PM.  The exercise won't hurt me.

The seminar always has a really nice Sunday buffet that attracts town people.  They always have roast beef, 2 vegetables, potatoes, tossed salad, fresh fruit, and all kinds of desserts – then they don't serve an evening meal.

Thanks again for dinner and bringing my laundry down.  I think John Z is going to try to get John Uible to come down with him sometime.  Yes, I did remember JBU's birthday.  See you in 2 weeks.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album