Thursday, September 28, 2017

1977 Roberta letter to John -Sep.28

Sept. 28, 1977

Hi, John!

How are you doing?  As you can see – we are in Boise – will be in Mormon country – or should say Mormon headquarters tomorrow – Salt Lake City.  From there to Las Vegas, then San Diego so our trip is fast coming to an end!

Before we left Seattle I took the luxury car into J.C. Penny's garage, told them I wanted the regular stuff done – tune-up, oil change, etc. & also any thing else wrong, please find & fix.  They said it was in A-1 shape – the wax job is just lately beginning to show wear!

How is school – and of course how is YAF?  You should have heard I.T. talk about you in Denver – she was telling these people that someday – they will hear the name Uible coming out of Wash. D.C. – a young, honest politician from Ohio – and they can say they met his sister.

I use my tape player AM/FM radio alot – both in the car & hotels.  We tend to stay at low key operations.

I'm still not sure as to my plans.  Some how I feel its time to settle down – tho the idea itself depresses me – or should I say frustrates me!

As much as I like S.D. – can't seem to get excited about being there for the winter.  Wrote Marion about the availability of jobs & low key housing in Phoenix – as if she would be an expert!  Have been thinking too about going to Florida.  I could get a job easily & know people down there which is both good & bad.  [Glad you decided on Arizona, Roberta!]

Then there is the idea of going back to New Vienna – besides the cold weather, I'm totally turned off by New Vienna – Dad told me that if I start at the factory, it would be permanent – no vacation here & there.  I'm glad he said  that, because that discouraged me – already I know that I would be on again, off again.

G'ma is doing fine – says she feels as good as the day she left New Vienna.  She seems to take alot of quick naps in the car – as we travel, which is just fine.

John, could you please see about getting the scratch out of the car – guess go to the local Ford dealer.  Have you had any trouble w/ it?  I'm honored to let you use it!

Write! c/o Morgans – Did you hear that Auntie Ann Faherty died?  Day after I left NYC.  OH!  Please send me Carol's, Rick's & Betsy's address – please!  Do you hear from Carol?

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album