Monday, September 18, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter #2 -Sep.29

[postmarked September 29, 1967]

Dear Family,

Well, J.N. Carey and his wife just left.  They had supper and then Helen and I showed them all the "historical" sights.  I got Don O. to take J.N. to the boys dorm and show him all around while I took her to the girls dorm.  I think they enjoyed it at least I hope they did.  They are going to New Vienna tomorrow night.  Oh – yes, Faith Morgan knew her (Mrs. Carey's dad) I guess her father works in the meat department of a grocery in Yellow Springs.

My new glasses (one pair of them) came in yesterday.  They fit good and are about the same color of my hair.  I will try to draw them for you. (by tracing).  They are unusual I must say so myself!  Wait till you see the other pair.  They are both very unique in their own sort of way.  The other pair will (or should) come in tomorrow.

We have a short story due Monday for English.  We had to make it up ourselves and all.  Mine is about a man that goes to Sea.  I made my final copying of it this afternoon so I won't have anything to worry about this week-end.  (at least on English)

We are now beginning our proving in Geometry.  All the deductive reasoning isn't too bad.  We had to learn a bunch of postulates and all.

How do you like my stationery?  I bought it at Hallmark the other day.  White paper sure is boring.  I got tired of looking at my name all the time on the other stationery.

Love,
Roberta

[written on envelope]  
P.S. Help!  I'm in dire need of name tags!  Have you ordered some:  If not, Let's get on the ball!  PLEASE

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album