Wednesday, September 13, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Sep.26

[postmarked 9/27/67]

Dear Family,

Hi!  got your letter today that you wrote Sept. 22, 196? – would you believe 1963.  Oh, well anyway I received a letter from you all today.

We are now getting into the "proving" part of geometry and it is interesting. (to my amazement!)

We (Debbie W., Vanessa B., and I) don't know what we will do about the Spanish part in Europe next summer.  Debbie says "just act rich" and they won't care where we are from.

My English teacher is teacher Elizabeth.  She is very nice and a good teacher too.  Her husband teaches Biology.  Teacher Marian is not here this year.

As for art class – I hate it!  Well, no I don't hate it, I just have strong feelings against it.  Art takes up a period on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's and I'm sure I could make better use of my time than going there and trying to make a pinch pot or what-ever.  We have ceramics first semester and picture drawing second semester.

My room-mates are: Barbie Barras, a senior from North Carolina; Faith (Face) Morgan, a junior from Yellow Springs; and Gretchen Newman from Mainsville, Ohio, a freshman.  Then of course there is me a sophomore from big town New Vienna! (thrill)

No – I haven't heard much about the reading course except that it meets during free times and takes alot of time from your free time.  So far I have studied, wrote letters, read books, but not really just "goofed" off` during my free time.  I am now in free time and supper is in about 10 minutes.  I'll add on to this tomorrow because I got to run now and get over to the dorm, comb my hair and all.

Hi!  (again) study hall is almost over.  I have 3 whole minutes left and all my homework done for tomorrow.  Time for the "ding-dong" so I'll be closing for awhile.

Now Tuesday morning, I sure would have liked to have been able to stay in bed today.  BUT!

I now weigh 156!  total weight loss  22 pounds or 352 ounces.  I bought   3  dozen bouillon cubes and have eaten them lately as a steady diet.  I'm getting a little tired of them already.  Got to go.  Classes start in about 1 1/2 minutes.

PLEASE WRITE and that means you John, Serena, and everybody else.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album