Saturday, September 16, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Sep.29

[Roberta added her letter to this English test page.  The school work is dated Sept. 14, but the postmark on the envelope is Sept. 29, 1967.]


Dear Family,

Hi!  Well, here I am in study hall and for once I have all my lessons done!

This was our first English test!  As you can see I got a 92 on it!  G r e a t  d i s c o v e r y!

I had just got done writing you all a letter and in cam Mr. and Mrs. Carey!  Boy did that ever surprise me!  I gave them a big tour of this place and all.

The new dorm is suppose to be ready by April 1st.  It sure is going to be nice if they ever get it done.

Now for the BIG news.  I had to order a gym outfit which cost $5.00 about.  I also had to buy a hockey stick which also was around $5.00.  This stuff is put on my office bill.  They were both very essential as far as teacher Susan thought.  The gym-suit will be navy blue with a "regulation type blouse."  ICK!

Tell Grandma & Granddad I said "Hi!" and tell them to be sure to write and I'll try my best to answer back.

Thanks again for the suit & dress.  I really like it.  They both fit real good.  Dates, raisins and prunes sure went fast!

Love,
Roberta

P.S. The coat fits a lot better.  I really like it.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album