Sunday, September 10, 2017

1977 MV's Summer Vacation Report -8th Grade

 8th Grade [Fall 1977]

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

After school was out I went to a Reds game and got blue seats.  They played L.A. and lost.  Then on July 8 I went to New Jersey for 6 weeks, and worked with senior citizens.  They came from New York and spent about 2 weeks.  During the day they could do either pottery or macrame, which I and the lady I worked for helped them with.  Then in the evening I helped with the activities like Price is Right or Bingo.  Then on my days off Miss Fisher and I went into New York and [did] several things.  We saw 3 Broadway plays, "Chicago," "Bubbling Brown Sugar," and "The Wiz."  We also saw the Museum of Natural History, The Museum of Art, Lincoln Center (Metropolitan Opera House, Avery Fisher Hall, etc.), The Twin Towers, took a tour of NBC studios, went to Rockefeller Center, and walked through Central Park.  We also went to Macy's, Gimbels, and Tiffanies.  I met alot of really neat people this summer, who I will never forget.  I hope I can always stay in touch with them.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album