Monday, May 16, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -May 19

May 19, 1976

Dear Mom, Dad, Roberta, and Mary,

Hi!  Sorry I have been delayed in getting this letter off to you.  Things have been pretty hectic here.  The new librarian has started so things are pretty confused at work.  Also Gerry and I are trying to get our stuff together and decide what to take, what to toss, and what to store.  We got a new car – new to us anyway, to get us to California.  It's a bronze 1970 plymouth duster.  We also bought a tent, a cooler, and our wedding rings.  At the moment we are planning our marriage for June 11th, which is also our last day of work.  Then we plan to leave Sanford on the 12th and arrive in New Vienna during the latter part of the 13th. I'm not sure how long we will be staying as we want to get to Denver either Friday of that week or Monday of the next.  I can't say as I am enthused about a reception.

At any rate, I am looking forward to seeing you all in Sanford on Saturday.  I don't have to work so I should be at home.  Gerry and I are planning on coming to Exeter on Sunday for the graduation. Also Gerry's sister, Debbie, will be coming with us.  It doesn't really matter to us about dinner – wherever is convenient for you ––  We should make reservations on Saturday though since there will be a number of us.

Love,
Catherine  

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album