Saturday, December 13, 2014

1984 Catherine's Letter -Dec.10

December 10, 1984

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  We appreciated your calling Saturday evening.  It's always nice to talk to you.  Hope you had a nice birthday, Mother.  We ended up going to Moscow yesterday instead of to Spokane as it was raining and we were afraid it might be snowing in Spokane.  After raining all night here it then turned to snow this morning making sidewalks and streets very slushy.  I'm glad I didn't have to go to Moscow today!

I've been trying to get Christmas cards ready to mail out.  Having moved this year has added to our list.  We bought some new decorations for our tree yesterday since we gave our old ones to thrift shop in Madras.  They were given to us in San Diego by friends of Roberta, Fred & Pauline (the Mormons) so were old when we got them.  We hope to get our tree in the next few days and probably put it up next weekend.

Gerry's birthday is also coming up in the near future.  I think I have bought enough for him to split it up between his birthday and Christmas, I got him 2 shirts, 2 sweaters, a Trivial Pursuit game with an extra set of Baby Boomer cards, and some other odds and ends.  I guess I still need to buy some stocking stuffers.  I also need to order a cake from the bakery.

Wendy is looking forward to her Christmas vacation.  She goes until the 21st and then school resumes the 2nd so it isn't very long.  I figure we will only need a babysitter on the 26th, 27th, and 28th.

Roberta called us last night and said she had talked to the Hortons and G'ma yesterday.  It's nice you will be able to get together in Florida in January.  We'll be wishing we were there!

Love, 
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

P.S. I'll send that booklist in the next letter.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album