Sunday, October 19, 2008

Eating from childhood?


Today for lunch, since it was just Christian and I, I had a potpie. Seems like we had them often (?) when I was young---probably when Ruth stayed with us and the menu was a little more flexible. And I remember mother would make grilled cheese, which I didn't like so she would fix me grilled peanut butter and jelly. Anyone else remember what we ate growing up?

Seems like mother made carrot cake and german chocolate cake more often than anything for dessert, although I'm not sure why. The main meat I remember her fixing was HAM and hamloaf. I would like to fix hamloaf but not sure what to put in it for the "liquid" (in meatloaf I use tomato juice....). Looking forward to hearing responses, and I'm sure Serena has the best memory of the family, as always!

Items from Uible photo album