Monday, April 26, 2021

1991 MV letter -Apr.16

 

4-16-91

Dear Mom & Dad --

It seems like a LONG time since Easter and we last saw you.  Hope everything is fine in New Vienna.  Things have been busy here.

Don's revival at Ferguson over the weekend went real well.  I only got there for one of the 4 services due to a team meeting and services in Somerset.

For my continuing education I'm going to a conference at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota.  My plane ticket is from Columbus to Minneapolis, July 13-18.  The conference doesn't start until the 15th but by going on Saturday I can get the super saver fare.  I called JB and he's agreed to babysit the car, meeting me at the airport both times.

He is going to Illinois this weekend and hopes to know something more definitely about the wedding date or lack thereof.  He said he was planning to come down here May 18th.  He knows that he can bring Julie if she can come.

I've reserved a 3 bedroom cabin at the Jamestown Resort and Marina.  Their lodge was full, so the only other option was a houseboat -- complete with electric -- for only $395/night.  I told them we'd take the cabin.  Hope you don't mind!

This week is the week that the Bishop is making appointments for the conference.  We heard that Terry Faris (in Wilmore) will be moving, but we have no idea where.  We wish he would come to Somerset, but it's doubtful that Jack will leave after only 2 years.  We'll see.  With the appointive system, you never know.

I wrote a letter to Bob Hodson asking that I be removed from any consideration for Wilmington Emmaus Teams.  Barb Russell called me re: the July Walk to do music.  It's flattering but not cost effective to drive 4½ hours one way for a 3 hour meeting six weeks in a row.  So, I don't think I'll be getting anymore calls soon.  I never have heard anything from Liz McCracken following the October walk.

I'm getting geared up now for the dinner theatre (see newsletter) where 2 of my groups will be performing.  The children are working 3 times harder than the Senior Adults.  Neither group particularly enjoys the discipline but the children respond better to it.

And the latest on the house (did I tell you this?) is that the D.S. called to say the outgoing pastor at Simpon [?] Memorial is buying a place and will be vacating the parsonage approximately May 1.  So, if this house does sell, there would be no problem for us to take the parsonage a few weeks early.  So, we're not too worried at this point.

Last but not least, I wrote Pat Zeller a note about 3 weeks ago and got it returned last week -- USPS had delivered it to another Pat Zeller in Jamestown, Indiana instead of Ohio.  Sure builds confidence in the Post Office.

Love,
Mary Va. & Don

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album