Wednesday, April 21, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Apr.13


 April 13, 1971

Dear Family,

Well, how does it feel for EVERYONE to be home again?  Hope everything is all fine with everyone and all of that.

I have been very busy lately.  For one thing I now have a room by myself which is alot easier on the studying side of things.  I moved back in my old room which was empty since Mary Miles went home this term.  I've got it fixed up quite nice.  Got my typewriter on one desk and the other desk can be used for studying and writing, etc.  Also if I feel like getting up early and studying I won't be bothering anyone and all of that.  (of course, as of now, I haven't gotten up early to study . . . .)

I also had alot of essays due in English and also one due in tomorrow in Civilizations about the Industrial Revolution in the United States.  Also had a speech due in speech class today but went in order of last names - alphabet so of course they did not get around to me today -- but I could not be sure so I had to be ready or . . . .  I am happy to say that I've got everything done.  What a good feeling . . . .

I had a post card from Catherine.  Please send me her new address.

Oh, Cindie had a birthday and she got a WELLS jump rope from her little brother.  It was a thirty nine cent one with a bell on it.

Dad, I have got a Sears check that I will send you.  Please sign it and send it back to me.  I have never had trouble before cashing it but all of a sudden there is this big thing about it being a two party check.  So I need your signature.  I tried four different places to cash it and finally decided to give up.

Last Sunday - Easter - I had dinner with the Fishers.  They are very nice people from the Methodist Church here in Newberg.  Now, they are talking about - and all excited about taking me and some of my friends to the Ocean and this and that place around here.  Oh, also they want ME to teach a children's Sunday School class at the Methodist church . . . .  Also Mrs. Fisher said that I should definitely go to Victoria, Canada.  By the way, I sent off for some material for you all about the GREAT NORTHWEST . . . .

Um, wasn't on purpose for that first page to be up side down or what ever.

Well, I'll close for now.  Will wait and see what the mail man brings me tomorrow.

Wednesday morning.
Hi, got post card today from Mali - mailed the seventh.  Hope your six bottles of water lasted you all.  Postcard very colorful -- to say the least.  Hope you all got my one letter while over there.

Well, I'll be closing for now.  I've got to be in Chapel in about six minutes.  Will write soon and hope to hear from YOU ALL . . . . 

Love,
Bert 

Hi! to Grandma!!

P.S.  Be sure & mail back check!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album