Thursday, April 22, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Apr.13


 Monday, April 13, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad and Mary,

Hi!  Here it is another week.  Wendy and I were both sick over the weekend.  Wendy woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday and came into our room and vomited all over our bed.  After I got her cleaned up she went right back to sleep and seemed fine on Sunday.  I felt fine until yesterday afternoon and then I got bad intestinal cramps accompanied with vomiting and diarrhea.  I spent the rest of the day in bed and so far I feel OK today -- food doesn't have much appeal yet though.  Gerry doesn't seem to have been affected.

On Saturday I played the tape that you sent Wendy for her birthday.  She always enjoys hearing Grandma, Granddad & Mary "Aginia" on the radio . . . .  We couldn't find "The little engine that could" but she did follow along on the other two books and she talked back to the tape just like you would be there to hear her.  For the rest of day she kept saying "Mary Aginia is my Aunt Mary."

We called DeeDee yesterday to wish her a Happy Birthday.  Our answering machine has a special deal so you can tape conversations but it keeps going beep every 15 seconds so that you can't tape without someone else's knowledge.  We tried it out and it seems to work fine -- nice to replay the conversation so we could all hear both sides.  Wendy couldn't understand why we couldn't go to DeeDee's birthday party or at least have a cake of our own.  We told her we would have a cake when DeeDee came to see us.

This is our busy week of the month coming up.  Gerry has Elks Investigating Committee tomorrow night and I have to audit the books for the Lady Elks.  Wednesday night I have Lady Elks meeting (I have been considering dropping that and joining AAUW which meets the 3rd Monday of the month.)  and on Thursday I have Bunco and Gerry has Elks.  This Friday night is the last Bingo until next fall.  They are going to give away a microwave as a door prize.

Better close.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

P.S. Thanks for  the get-well card for Wendy.  She enjoyed the card and has been wearing the bunny [?]

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album