Saturday, April 06, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Apr.5


[4/5/79]
Tuesday AM
Hi! 
This is some of the stationery – ordered a bunch of new ones from Current – just came last night!  Was good to talk to you this AM - Mom.  Too bad the rest of the family wasn't home – but you know I have to call when the rates are low!

I'm sending out a pkg for G'ma – there's a story behind the "knitted" enclosed – a lady at the church was making them – selling them & giving the $ to the youth – some project they have going.

How did you all celebrate today?  We're having chicken noodle soup tonight – I'll cook (Campbells) Marion really has a bad cold – the only time I cook is when Marion is really sick!

Dorothy Stubbs & husband are flying to just outside of Washington DC – where their daughter & her husband lives.  1st time for Dorothy to fly – also her 1st time that far East.  They leave tomorrow for 1 week.

We are going this weekend to another one of these seminars – this one cost $ – $35 for all day – or $15 for 1 seminar – there will be 4 of you pay the $35 – I'll try to send off a copy of the deal – I'm going to just one – "Inside Secrets to Mail Order" – Marion is going to 4 – that way I'll study GRE part of the day –

I definitely want to get into a business of my own – this working for others is for the birds.

Did get the paper copies off – hope you all can make heads & tails out of it ––

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album