Friday, December 07, 2018

1968 Kyung Ho Kim Letter -Dec.17

December 17, 1968

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Uible,

How are you getting along?  I hope this letter will find you in good health and happiness and prosperity and your family ever prosperous.

We are very delighted to inform you that our second daughter In Young was born Dec. 5, 1967 and also very recently long awaited [by my] parents – grandson was born Dec. 14, 1968.  Now we are altogether fine big family already.

For your information, I left Korean General Foods Co., Ltd. which are to manufacture and supply Korean-style C-Rations, comprising of Kimchi and other essential native Korean foods to our military forces in Vietnam, a couple months ago, and I joined Daeyle Yanghaeng Co., Ltd. as a Planning Manager.  We are a Korean concessionaire legally authorized by U.S. Armed Forces Procurement Agency, PACEX/VIETNAM, which are presently conducting business in Vietnam providing services of Soft Ice-cream sales operations for U.S. Armed Forces stationed in the Republic of Vietnam.  We do operate approximately thirty mobile soft Ice-Cream vans so far.  Of course, these mobile vans are made in U.S.A.  I might have a chance to visit Saigon next month or so.

My father is still Dean of Graduate School, Kon-Kuk University.  He went to Saigon a few days ago to attend the 2nd World Anti-Communist League Conference (held from Dec. 16-22) as a Korean delegate.  After this conference, he is planning to take a short trip to Rangoon Burma where my elder sister's family is living since last spring.  My brother-in-law is a Consul General of Korean Consulate General in Rangoon.

Please forgive our (my) silence.  No particular reason – I am just lazy and no good boy!

I was so glad to receive your kind Xmas card and lovely pictures.  Oh  boy!  Everybody is so changed!

Enclosed please find our family picture and Mie Young's (she is Mary Virginia's age).  She will enter the Kindergarten in next spring. 

May God richly bless you and your family and to the anticipation of meeting you again in the near future.

I wish you good health and have a very Merry Christmas and many joys in the bright coming year which my wife joins.

In Christ our Lord, Friendship is forever!

From your old friend,

Cordially yours,
Kyung Ho Kim

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album