Tuesday, July 17, 2018

1978 MV's letter -July 21


[7/21/78]
After lunch, Wednesday

Hi!  Arrived safely Monday – I was sorta panic-y when I arrived at Allentown, when Roberta wasn't there to meet me, but she arrived a few minutes later.

On Tuesday, one of the Seniors died – we thought she had just had a heart attack, but the life squad came and said she was dead.  She was staying in one of the main house area cottages and since she was afraid to stay by herself, Roberta was staying with her.  She took sorta hard.

You people will never believe this, but I went in swimming this A.M. and planning on going again this afternoon, as soon as I get the canteen closed.  I promised Roberta I'd run it – she thought she'd go shopping or relax.

Carol & John are back together.  Robbie doesn't really have a girl friend, and Ray is in love with Ann, but she's going with this other guy, so Ray is very depressed and won't talk to anybody.  And in turn it makes him very unpopular with the staff.

I.T. is coming in tomorrow night at Kennedy, which Roberta is real excited about, plus she's coming in at 10:30 P.M.  Marion's coming into Newark Friday at 11:30 P.M.

I don't think I'll go to pick up either of them.  I've got to sleep.

I've got a small room to myself at the girls cabins.  It's not quite as nice as at the main house, but it's "rustic" and quiet.  If I want activity, I go up to the Main House.

I moved in yesterday – Full of cobwebs, dust, etc.  GROSS!  Barb (one of the counselors – super nice) helped me clean it up, and find furniture around the farm for it (Nobody has been in it since last summer).  It doesn't look too bad – so far I've made my bed everyday, and the room isn't cluttered up at all.

Not too much else is new, and if I wrote much else, you might think I'm homesick, so . . . .

Love, 
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album