Thursday, July 12, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter & HH's note -July 13


[HH & Catherine plan a trial run overnight bike ride, a few days before Catherine goes to New England for a 600 mile bike trip with American Youth Hostel.]

[7-13-68]
Dear Mom & Dad,

I'm all packed (well, almost) and ready to go.  Dad your bike is all ready to go.  Please put the stuff you want to take in the powder room so I can finish packing.  You are still planning to go?  ▢ yes or ▢ no ( if yes proceed if no skip to bottom of page).  I'm getting up at 5:00 if the clock goes off as planned.  Would you like me to wake you all up?  ▢ yes or ▢ no ( if yes proceed if no skip to bottom).  Mom, you are going to take us to Wilmington? ▢ yes or ▢ no ( if yes proceed, etc.)  How about we eat a little before we go and stop later?

Also Dad, J.B. (your son) says he has almost forgotten what you look like.  No telephone calls – nothing new.

Love,
Catherine

P.S. I hope you get home before I get up.  If you're hungry there is one piece of pizza in the frig.  Ha!  On back of page is some stuff I already packed.

Roberta just called – wake me up.  I'm too tired to write it all down.

NOTE: THIS IS THE BOTTOM OF PAGE
W H Y   N O T?

Note from Dad written on the back:
Hi Everyone – 6:20 A.M.

We are on our way, your Mother is going to take us part way, Roberta is getting in Wilmington at 9:15, so your Mother may wait for her.  Take care of things and we will see you tomorrow.

Catherine & Dad 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album