Monday, December 13, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -Dec.31

 


12/31/81 or possibly 82

Dear Family,

Trusting you all had a good & safe trip to Chicago -- if I were Serena I'd sure hate to go back there!

This stationery was one of my Christmas presents -- what I got the most of tho was cookies & fruit cake!  Bet Mrs. Long came through for one to you all.  I'm not all that crazy for all the rinds of fruit!

"Charlie" is getting house-broke.  Thank goodness!  Marian left a week ago today & since then I haven't had to pick up /clean up anything in the house!  I really praise him whenever he does it outside!  He's full of energy & his legs are getting taller -- he can now jump up in Bed & up on the chairs!  Seems that my favorite saying is "NO-CHARLIE-NO".  

We did get the lady who had been abused -- really a SAD case -- she feels like she can't do anything -- then we have two others who are direct from a Nursing Home -- & they feel like we are their "hired help" -- I told one I was here to watch / assist -- she told me that was what happened in a PRISON.  She didn't really want to leave the Nursing Home -- I'm convinced she will come around -- though it might take some time!!  Glad that you folks will be able to meet all these characters -- and vice versa!!

Happy New Year!

Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album