Friday, December 03, 2021

1961 Catherine's Letter -Dec.12

 

December 12, 1961

Dear Everybody,

I read Friday's News Journal and saw both Daddy's picture and the article about Mother's meeting.

What time Saturday do you plan to get here?  Marianne, Joe & I have to go Christmas Caroling Saturday night with the MYF.

The 7th grade building doesn't have a library but the Junior High Building does.  One day in Science our class went over to the library.  We were only there long enough to find a book about Science and check it out.

I am taking advantage of the good food they have in the High School Cafeteria.  I take just want I want everyday.

We went swimming Sunday and there was an undertow again.  Other people were in swimming so Grandma said we could go in if we held on to the rope.  I hope the weather is nice all next week because Grandma said she might take us swimming.

The Hortons are trying to get rid of oranges.  At an average I'm eating about 5 oranges a day.

I washed my hair again today.  It seems to get dirtier down here than it does in Ohio.

I've got homework so I have to say good-bye now.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album