Friday, December 10, 2021

1961 Catherine's Letter -Dec.

 


Dear Everybody,

Sorry I haven't written but I haven't had much time.  Just as soon as I came home from school Friday Grandma took Robbie and I swimming.  Then right after supper Aunt Mary took Cris, Marianne, and I to the Christmas Program at North Grade.  Yesterday morning we went down town to see Santa Claus and went Christmas shopping.  Yesterday afternoon Grandma took Joe, Marianne,  Robbie, Roberta Dicks and I swimming.  Last night we decorated the Christmas Tree but I was too tired to do very much.

Cris, Marianne and I sang in the choir at early service this morning.  Aunt Mary and Uncle Bill are at church right now.

Friday morning at school we got out of first period to go see the Christmas program the 9th grade presented.  Joe played the piano for the mixed choir.

I have bought a present for Roberta and Serena but that's all.  I till have 6 presents to buy.

Of the $50.00 which you gave Granddaddy I have $30.00 left.  What happens to what is left?  I have not gotten any gym shoes yet.  But even if I do I will still be more than happy to keep the money for camp. (?)

Love,
Catherine

P.S. I hope you get this letter.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album