Thursday, December 09, 2021

1981 Roberta's Birthday card to Jean -Dec.11


Dear Family,

It's hard to believe that it's the season of your Birthday, Mom & Christmas soon to follow!!

Been wondering how the Christmas Bazaar went Saturday.  Wish I were closer -- would have had lots of home-made goodies to bring over.  This year the new item is napkin holders -- I'll give you some in January & you can use them next year!!

We (4 Senior Village ladies & myself) went to the County Supervisors (Commissioners) meeting this AM -- what an experience -- we had a thank you card for them -- it got some news coverage & then the press came out here -- the ladies just love talking to the PRESS -- all are naturals!  The politicians really enjoyed their "off the cuff" remarks!  I told all the ladies that my Father was a County Supervisor -- needless to say -- they were MOST IMPRESSED!!  These men (Commissioners/ interchanged w/ Supervisors) -- sure had FANCY quarters -- and drank coffee throughout!!

I'm watching the movie "Child Bride of Short Creek!"  Takes place in 1950s here in AZ --

Charlie has been sick -- had him to the Vet both Friday & today.  He's losing weight & seems to have lost his appetite -- so today he got a B-12 shot & now he's on a total of 5 medications -- perhaps a parasite disease -- the Vet said today better I keep him & try to feed him & give water syringe -- but easier said than done!!  Amazing enough he still has lots of energy -- curiousity -- I'm constantly saying "No Bite" -- he does know what it means -- tho he doesn't care for it at all!!

Mother -- are you getting to use my Ex-Bike at all?  Wish you get to use it some -- so you could perhaps think of it as an early B'day present.  Perhaps by the time you are here in January I'll have my act together -- something hopefully homemade!

How will all of you be celebrating Mom's birthday -- I'm sure w/ all the good cooks in the house -- should be at least a day off for you!

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wish to you Mother -- look forward to having you all out here to visit in January!

Lots of Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album