Tuesday, June 21, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -June 6

June 6, 1976
Dear Mom, Dad, Roberta, John & Mary

Hi!  Thank you for the letter and for the check.  That was quite a surprise.  I usually rush my money straight to the bank.  Anyway I now feel considerably richer.  We might even have enough money to take Mary Va. to King's Island.

I hope you were able to get tickets for the Wednesday afternoon game.  That sounded good.  Tuesday night sounds fine for the open house shindig.  I don't really care about who you invite.  The Bernards, Comptons, C. Collier, etc. are all ok.  If you don't want too many I'd say just invite the Bernards.

It was nice seeing you last weekend and I'm glad Mary Virginia had a good time.  I will answer her letter after I'm on the other side of New Vienna.  We are looking forward to seeing Roberta and Serena, too, when we get further west.  

We are still planning to get to N.V. on Sunday afternoon.  We put the box on the top of the car and the bike rack on this morning.  We had a trial packing to see how much we could get into the car.  The trunk is quite spacious.

As far as I know X has the foot stool.  I will be going out to his house one more time to return his furniture so I will check on it.  It was a nice little stool, I wouldn't mind taking it.

Well, we will be seeing you soon.  Thanks again for the money.

Love, 
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album