Wednesday, June 26, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Apr.9


April 9, 1979

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for calling, it's a shame then that I didn't feel better, but now I feel just fine . . . Saturday was really a good day -- we changed our plans as to what we went to . . . I went to the one on how to make up a business plan -- it was really good.  We taped the ones we went to, so if you all are interested let us know.  Marion went to one on tax-saving  angles -- it was quite good.

I am enclosing the GRE Scores -- also the deal that explains it all -- I am hoping to double my score on vocab, also raise the others -- I have bought a third book that I use now -- there are four practice tests in the book, I just got done with the second one -- and my scores on it are much better than the first practice test.

My job is getting to me, I'm attempted to quit, and just try to do temporary type work thru June -- or should I say till June.  I'd like to give it a try.  My boss has a bad ego problem -- which I can't figure out since there business is in such trouble.  All day long the phone rings for someone in Accounts Payable Dept. -- some business wanting $$$$ -- with alot of businesses (esp. Wallpaper -- etc) they are on a strictly COD policy. 

I've been trying to hit upon a good business out here -- want to get into something that would be pretty stable -- year round type deal -- I've got the idea of maybe one of these electronic type game rooms for kids -- of all ages.  You know the arcade type business -- I want something that is cash and carry.  I'm not interested in something where you have to be a collection agency too.  I think working -- or rather having a business that attracts kids would be the thing to get into . . . they always have money.

I did write Serena tonight -- mentioned the fact that maybe she would be interested in coming here -- spending a few days and then driving East.

Marion's sister Rachel is here -- got here on Sunday -- Marland and Karry will either be flying down (their plane)  or driving down on Thursday or Friday.

I sure have been using the juicer Serena gave me for Christmas -- oh I forgot to tell her.  We have been getting oranges form Mr. Williams tree and making juice.  Sure good . . . .

I am anxious to hear more details about John's possible jobs -- the job at the bank in particular. 

I need to study so better cut this short -- always good to hear from you all . . . Oh, Mary -- we got our girl scout cookies from Charlene the other day . . . but as usual we forgot to give her the letter.

Have a nice Easter --- will try to give you all a cal -- if I can get through . . . .

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album