Thursday, December 27, 2007

Chillicothe Courthouse & Buicks

February 1940. Courthouse and auto transport hauling Buicks in Chillicothe, Ohio.

Hate to bump Ginny's picture from the top but this scene finally includes a picture from Chillicothe that I thought Mom & Dad might recognize AND a picture of "new" old cars that date it nicely. This is another picture from the Shorpy's blog I mentioned previously. Dad, I can't quite make out the road sign and haven't looked it up in my Route book -- is it U.S. Rt. 25 or 23?

We're babysitting KC and he's just gone down for his afternoon nap. I was supposed to get off work at noon today but thanks to someone else's stomach flu I get to go back to work tonight. What a privilege! At least I'm healthy!

1 comment:

Mary Uible Crowson said...

It is US 23. Great picture and the truck-load of Buicks is a very nice touch! US 35 and US 50 also pass through Chilicothe...

Items from Uible photo album