Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday morning in Glendale



Good Morning! Here I am sacrificing my breakfast (until I finish this post) so Roberta -- and the multitude of other readers of this blog -- will have a post to read. Finished two books over the weekend, Sailing the Wine-dark Sea was an interesting look at Ancient Greece and how it has impacted our lives; and the Color of Magic, first in Pratchett's Discworld series, is a fun fantasy by a quirky author Serena had recommended to me years ago and I have finally "gotten into". Short work week for me this week! Look for details elsewhere though as I'm not posting them to the blog. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Both sound interesting! Thanks for the post, Catherine and always good to have book recommendations. Ginny did finish "The Testament" and "Tom Sawyer" for her summer reading and is now starting on "Little Women" for her own pleasure. They also have a book to read each semester, although for the life of me I can't remember any of the four....

Items from Uible photo album