Thursday, October 18, 2007

Paradise Bakery and Sun City history

Roberta wasn't feeling well last night so Sharon, Sid and I went to Paradise Bakery. The food was very good - I had a half of a vegetarian sandwich (Roasted Portobello mushrooms, red pepper hummus, jicama, avocado and Havarti cheese, sprouts, lettuce and tomato on multigrain bread) and a cup of fire-roasted tomato soup. Food was quite good. We think that Mom and Dad would quite like it - the one we went to is over near Sprout's on Bell Road. I'm relatively sure I've been to a Paradise Bakery before, Gerry said it wasn't with them.

Internet connection was down last night for some reason, but seems to be up and running this morning.

Sharon and I went to see the first Sun City house/museum yesterday - it was a big step back in time - early 60s. The house's original price was $8500 - two bedrooms, one bathroom - fairly small, but the kitchen was, relatively speaking, a good size. The house, particularly the kitchen and the bathroom had a lot of pink in them. Originally, air conditioning was an extra $600. Might be a nice little stop from Mom and Dad when they are out here - they're open 1:30-4 Tuesday through Friday, I think. Also, a number of maps of the Sun City/Sun City West areas back in the 60s.

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Serena.....I have never been to either place, but I am feeling much better this morning, though I am afraid I am getting one of those change-of-weather colds! We just came in from an hours bike ride and plan to get back out this afternoon gearing up for the Tempe ride next weekend! More later from Roberta the commenter

Mary Uible Crowson said...

When we come to visit, I'd like to try a place that serves American Food with meat, preferably! :D

Serena said...

There are McDonalds around somewhere - although I don't think I've eaten in one in Phoenix area.

Mary Uible Crowson said...

:p

Items from Uible photo album