Saturday, November 28, 2009

June 6, 1910 Grandma in Missouri


June 6, 1910, originally uploaded by morgazgc.

Sun. Night [June 5]. Was out driving this afternoon with Jamie [James? Jamil? -- appears to be a dotted i]. We are going to theater Tues. night. Just when I am having a good time I will have to start for home. Sis sat up all day & ate at the table today. Robert is getting along fine. I made the cake yesterday & it was very good all gone this evening. R.G. made the ice cream. We went to church this morning & I wore my best white dress. I may write later if I do not, expect me home Friday if nothing [indecipherable] G.H.

The 1910 census records show "Lana" Mitchell (~1876) living in Mound City and married to Robert G. Mitchell (1871). In 1920 her name on the census records is listed as "Luria" but by 1930 the name is correctly spelled. In 1910, she and Robert are listed as the parents of Ellen (1902), Roberta (1904) and Lois (1908).

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album