Monday, January 28, 2008

Patent

CECIL J. UIBLE, OF OHIO., UNITED STATES PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE GRANTED PATENT, Aug 1907
patent number:US863047
To all whom it may concern: Be it known that I, CECIL J. UIBLE, a citizen of the United States, residing at Westboro, in the county of Clinton and State of Ohio, have invented new and useful Improvements in Molds for Making Cisterns, etc.

The above is copied from the web page that is linked in the title of this post. I did make a few changes of the text to clean it up a bit. (I would guess that it was originally just scanned in and not much cleaning up was done.) Anyway, vaguely interesting tidbit.

4 comments:

Catherine Uible Morgan said...

Interesting! Don't believe I'd heard anything about his cistern invention before.

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Cool! My question is, the patent office is where? I would be interested to read the whole thing...

Serena said...

MV - http://ebiz1.uspto.gov/oems25p/index.html

May possibly be the page you are looking for. At least a quick look, I didn't find anything too specific. My guess is that a gov docs librarian at a major university library or major downtown library - like Atlanta could help you quite quickly. They probably get such questions relatively often.

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Serena,
all I had to do was register on the website, did a search by the patent number and was able to pull it up and print it out. COOL! Thanks for the link.

Items from Uible photo album