Sunday, September 13, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Sep.29


September 29, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Sorry it has been so long between letters.  Things have calmed down a little since Wendy's birthday is over for another year.  She certainly is enjoying the tapes and the books.  She listens to at least part of the tape almost every day.  It's almost like you were here talking to her -- she thinks it's real neat.  And she enjoys the music, too, Mary.  The only song she recognized immediately was Happy Birthday but the others will become more familiar to her.  The songs she knows from school are B-I-N-G-O, Twinkle twinkle little star, Row your boat, etc.

It was nice having two days off, actually three, this weekend.  I got the weekly type housework and laundry done on Friday and on Saturday I got all the windows washed, the sheer curtains cleaned and part of the others I wiped off the plastic lining -- three more to go to be finished with that job.  Not what I would call a fun job but something I'd rather have done than think about having to do.  This next weekend Gerry will have Saturday off so we may try to do something a little more special.

Serena called again on Saturday afternoon and we had a lengthy conservation, rather a conversation.  Wendy even talked to her.  She told Serena that she likes to go to school and to go to places to eat and she got toys for her birthday.  We'll be anxious to hear how your weekend in Chicago is and what you do while there.  I forgot to ask when you were leaving but it occurred to me that you might be gone when I usually call on Friday morning.  In case I do miss you I'll try again next week.

Wendy is almost done eating her breakfast, then I need to hang out a load of clothes, and we will be ready to leave for school and work.  Hopefully we will have time to walk today but if time runs short we can ride the bike.  I am able to park the bike in the back room at work which is nice because there is really nothing outside to chain it to and I know it is safe when it is inside.

I'm sure I'll think of lots of other things I should have included in this letter after it is mailed but I do want to get it off today so you'll get it before you leave for Chicago.

I noticed something you sent us had a different P.O. Box.  Have I been using the wrong one?

Love,

Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

P.S. I ate the last peach today.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album