Thursday, January 15, 2015

1975 Roberta's Letter - Jan. 17

January 17, 1975
Dear Family,

Hi –– enjoyed your last long letter – now that everyone is leaving you all have to start writing letters again –

How was Chicago?  Know it must have been a lively trip w/ Nicky along.  Had he ever been there?

I'm really busy this quarter with statistics.  I've got to pass it.  I did get a tutor – there's no way I could do it alone.  Right now we are in probability – I lack the basic skills so everything seems double hard to me.

The tutor is really good – she helped Rob through Algebra – she is young – but only problem is she is expecting March 19th and our final is March 17th!  Now that is timing it close.  She had me buy her a book, work book, etc.  She had the same course I'm taking at FAU too – except then it was a graduate course!!  (Try to imagine me in a graduate math course)

I've got to leave for work – wasn't suppose to work today – but when they asked me figured I could use the money ––

Will write more –– have been getting lots of mail lately – mostly concerned w/filing income tax!

Love, Berta

[Note from GHU written on side margin.]

[Jan. 17, 1975]
Fri. morning
Found this on the table when I got up at 7:30 so will enclose with the other letter.  Roberta has left for work & said last night she might write a note. –

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album